Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Film Crew



As with any trip, it is important to capture the enjoyable moments. These here are four of the cameras I will be using to document the more memorable parts of the trip.
The Drift 170hd is a waterproof, remote controlled (on and off) camera that shoots video at 1080p. It also have a scaled down fish eye lense that give a nice panoramic view without the distortion that comes with a true fish eye.
The smaller camera can be mounted at the top of the windshield or carried . It has a much smaller resolution than the Drift 170 and takes the micro SD cards.
The drift 170 takes the standard SD cards and is recommended using the 32Gb cards for better socage capacity.
The Sony will be for stills that would benefit from a High Res format. More settings, better quality.
The Nikon will be the pocket camera for shots that are spontaneous. Think I got everything covered.

Got over 100 Gb of storage on SD cards but will be able to transfer when I get to a WiFi spot.

To document everything I will be using an iPad 2. I have an SD card reader adapter for the iPad, I will use an App that does the FTP to my hosting site, and an App called Blogsy to post to this blog. I am still experimenting with the various linkages and I think I can make it all, work.

No comments:

Post a Comment